Seven Sisters Country Park offers a range of excellent opportunities for walkers to enjoy this beautiful landscape. There are a number of footpaths and trails on the Park – further information and trail maps can be found near the Visitor Centre.
Visitors are welcome to explore all of the Country Park on foot. Well behaved dogs are also welcome – please keep dogs under close control at all times.
The South Downs Way National Trail stretches for 100 miles from Eastbourne to Winchester and passes through the Country Park and can be followed over the Seven Sisters cliffs. It offers spectacular views of Cuckmere Haven, Belle Tout and Beachy Head lighthouses.
Walking times – Approximate distances and times
- Visitor Centre to West Dean: 0.5mi/0.8km (15 mins)
- Visitor Centre to beach: 1mi/1.6km (30 mins)
- Visitor Centre to Coastguard Cottages: 1.5mi/2.4km (40 mins)
- Visitor Centre to Birling Gap: 3.5mi/5.6km (2–3hrs)
- Visitor Centre to Beachy Head: 5mi/8km (3–4hrs)