Alinah Azadeh is a writer, artist, cultural activist and inaugural Writer-in-Residence at Seven Sisters Country Park and the Sussex Heritage Coast until October 2023.
In June 2023, Alinah launched We Hear You Now, a new spoken word audio commission embedded in the landscape – and online – presenting contemporary speculative fiction, poetry and new myths by nine Sussex-based writers of colour.
She is also creative lead on We See You Now (2019-22) a landscape and literature project & programme dedicated to evoking trans-global perspectives on the heritage and connections of this iconic coastal area, through new stories and poetry by Alinah and a cohort of writers, poets and performers of colour.
- The Colour of Chalk: Alinah’s Podcast series featuring walk and talk ‘in conversation’ pieces with writers, activists and ecologists.
- Watch If You Can Imagine, a film poem written and performed by commissioned for the Seaford Head Archeology project
- The Hidden Valley: Performed as part of BBC 3 The Essay ‘Into the Wild’ season, reflecting a walk from the edge of the South Downs to the sea.
- Alinah’s artist website: www.alinahazadeh.com and her soundcloud
- Alinah is also a Changing Chalk Associate Artist or Writing Our Legacy /The National Trust.